Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Secret to a Cat's Heart



                Once again my mom Kitty has been given an article about what toys cats love! Well being her name is Kitty, she isn’t a kitty LOL so as her cat Niko, it is my honor to take away her article and make it my own. That’s what cats do right? What’s mine is mine and what’s hers is mine to! Let’s begin, so as a cat we typically like to hunt prey at night. Giving us some interactive toys that keep us on our toys are great for keeping us active and lean, they way we should be! I’m going to list a few toys that I personally love and I play with on a daily basis as long as those silly mutts leave us alone.  Drumroll please….
1.)    The squeaky mouse toy! That toy may be annoying to some guardians but it is gods send to us! Who doesn’t like digging their claws into a toy that squeaks?! It’s almost like the real thing!
2.)    Feathered wand toy! (or feathered toys in general) Oh my gosh, that thing…I ask for a new one every Christmas because I just go through them so fast! It keeps me on my toys and helps me burn off some of that energy I keep bottled during the day while I’m taking my cat naps. Burning off that energy will help us
3.)    The cat tree…well you may not realize that it is a toy, but with my mom I have 7. Though all cats don’t need 7 I have the pleasure of having one in every room of the house, when my dad plays with me I run up the trees and back down, so on so forth, the scratching sensation is 110% normal for us felines. We need to scratch to keep are nails short and long and besides having a cat tree or two will help save that furniture and floor!
4.)    The famous LASER POINTER! My dads favorite toy, he uses that toy when my mom is busy or at work and I want to play with someone, he loves using that toy because he gets to sit on the couch and just zoom the pointer across the room.  (My mom calls him lazy but eh, I don’t care as long as I have something to do I’m great!
5.)    Homemade toys! By far one of my favorites (As you can tell, I have lots of favorites) My mom has created a use for the toilet paper roll. What she does is she cuts them into strips, still in the circle form, then puts one over the other and glues them together to make a ball with slits down the sides and she uses TREATS!! She also uses old baby socks (I’m pretty sure she gets her from the store because we don’t have any human babies at my house) fills them up with cat nip and sews the end closed and whala! A cat nip toy! There are quiet a few “homemade toys” that do the trick just as well.
Now, that I told you fun toys that are great for kitties, lets talk about the ones we really shouldn’t play with due to potential health risks…I personally haven’t been allowed to play with these because they can cause issues and my mom is a very big worry wart.
1.)    String, yarn, ribbon and dental floss; string is fun to play with but unfortunately we could swallow them and it could cause a foreign body and require surgery to fix
3.) Rubber bands and pony tails; although there elastic fun we could potentially swallow them
4.) Plastic bags (we could suffocate)
5.) Basically anything we could chew, small and swallow; we probably shouldn’t have them.

No comments: